Here is the total cost of our recent Trans-Siberian trip through Russia. This includes the cost of getting to Russia from Estonia, and getting from Saint Petersburg to Irkutsk, from Irkutsk we headed south on the Trans-Mongolian onwards to China, I’ll add those costs in a follow up post.
Note: these prices are the total for 2 people, doing this trip solo would cost exactly half the price.
Russia Trip Expenses
- Visas £176.4
- Bus £4.50 – from Tallinn to Saint Petersburg
- Trains £444.47 – high speed Saint Petersburg to Moscow and 4 night sleeper train Moscow to Irkutsk.
- Accommodation £69.5
- Tours £32.5 – Boat tours in Saint Petersburg and Moscow plus bus trip to Lake Baikal
- Food and Other £148.15
Per person £437.8
Cost per day £43.7
- We booked the fast train from Saint Petersburg to Moscow a little too late and paid around £90, this should have only been £40.
- The train from Moscow to Irkutsk is really a waste of time, trees are planted 5 metres from the tracks for the first 80% of the route, so you literally will see nothing new for 3 days straight, I certainly will not recommend the trip to anyone.
Pingback: Mongolian Trip Expense Report | Out of office, again
Pingback: Hanoi Vietnam one month expense report | Out of office, again
Pingback: Chiang Mai Thailand first month living expenses report | Out of office, again
Pingback: Chiang Mai Thailand cost of living for a couple | Out of office, again